Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I'm new in this, I got my stang about 4 months ago.

Its a 2002 3.8 v6.

The problem is that one of the windows stoped working! Now its down and it wont go up! :(
I live here in Orange County and would love to get in fixed without haveing to pay more that what i should.
I havent had very good experiences with mechanics, just because of the fact that I have some basic knowledge in cars.
Thank you very much!:bigthumbsup
Cris.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Cris,

Power windows are fun regardless of the type of vehicle they are in. Usually the problem lays within the master window switch (driver controls).

But before we go further, first make sure the window in question doesnt work from any other switch. If its just the switch nearest the window, but working from the master switch, then that switch on that window is your problem, (now also this is if you dont hear any motors trying to operate i.e...window came off track).

If you get no response from anywhere, your master switch will need to be replaced. Some are easy to get to, some arent, but the best thing is for you to do it yourself, to save $ on an install and also learn some :winks. A few screws and/or retaining clips and maybe an allan wrench should be all you need to get into it.

Price out the master power window switch just to see what its gonna take, but if you actually had a visual on the switch that will help with getting the proper switch... shouldnt be no more than $30-60 w/o shipping costs.

Hope that helps and good luck :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for ur response!
Well it seems like the switch makes no sound or anything, when u try to make it work, the other windows work, its just this one that is dead.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the same problem. One day thE passenger side window refused to roll down. The switch for the window on the passenger side doesn't work but the door lock button does. On the driver side the button for that side window works but not for the passenger. I hope it's the master switch. Doesn't sound that bad. All we have to do is to take that whole door handle switch assembly right? It shud be under there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today i went to AutoZone, got the Power Window Switch for like 59.00 (tax included) it takes 2 days to get to the store, but i wasent anywere eles. So i paid it. For now ill just wait inpatiently for 2 days. As soon as i get ill try to change the switch, as V6 cobra r says, how hard can it be?
I tell u guys how it went.:winks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i changed the switch, but it still doesnt work!!! so i figured well ill keep the new one, so the old one still must work fine!!! so v6 cobra r u want it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
haha i'll take it!! but if the switch didnt work then i was thinking maybe the window motor went out. thats what people were recommending me to check out. i just havent had much time to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts