Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 gt air fuels are lean as hell. high at 14.8 steady and past 17 at full throttle so my gage says . all i have is a chip and cai on the car , I know i need to dyno tune it , but also want to know if im going to lose power.after the tune ?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That's WAY LEAN, your motor wants to see 12.6-13.0 A/F!
And what kind of device are you reading it from?
CAI's tend to make the mixture go lean and what type of chip is it? Get it on a Wideband O2 you need to richen the fuel, and NO a Custom Tune will make power not take it away! Who does your work? I see your in Tampa?

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just had my car tuned by doug at bamachips and my car was lean at first before the tune and after when he got the mixture right i gained 7 rwhp and 9 mt so you will love it when you get your car dyno tuned and the car runs way smoother and feels a good bit quicker

·
Registered
190 Posts
cai throw the maf calibration off,causing false lean reading.you need to reburn the chip at your local performance/dyno shop.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Yeah, you really need to do something about that, at full throttle you've got a time bomb under your hood. What type of metering device are you using and where are the probes located? If the readings you're getting are accurate, be very careful driving it, and get a dyno tune ASAP. What kind of octane fuel are you using? If you're using 87, I bet that's part of the problem, you need to be using 93 octane, at the very least its more resistant to detonation.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
If those readings are correct, I'm surprised you still have ring lands on your pistons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.