Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 gt that worked great until I put SLP loudmouth II and a bbk throttle intake. After I installed those parts after the car shifts into second it bogs down and has very little power. Does anyone have any idea of what would make this happen. I also installed a Bama tune.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2002 gt that worked great until I put SLP loudmouth II and a bbk throttle intake. After I installed those parts after the car shifts into second it bogs down and has very little power. Does anyone have any idea of what would make this happen. I also installed a Bama tune.

Not 100% sure (as i dont have mine tuned) But if you got it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing i would say its the throttle intake. Is the the BBK plenum/throttle? If so it could be your TPS sensor

http://image.automotive.com/f/tech/mmfp_1006_2005_ford_mustang_gt_c_and_l_performance_three_valve_intake_manifold_engine/33112332+soriginal/mmfp_1006_05_o+2005_ford_mustang_gt+disconnet_tps_sensor.jpg

(Looks like that) If it is not tightened down just right it will cause all kinds of issues.

You can refer to this link for the adjustment :bigthumbsup

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/188321-2002-mustang-tps-adjustment.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a BBK throttle/ plenum. I am going to try to just buy another TPS sensor. It is showing a P0122 code. I'll post if that works. thanks

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Yes it is a BBK throttle/ plenum. I am going to try to just buy another TPS sensor. It is showing a P0122 code. I'll post if that works. thanks
The DTC P0122 is an important symptom. In fact, it's the key symptom to the problem.

It's important to include all of the details for best results.

Be sure to check the electrical connector and wiring harness to the TPS sensor.

>>
  • TP sensor not seated properly
  • TP circuit open to PCM
  • VREF open to TP sensor
  • TP circuit short to GND
  • Damaged TP sensor
  • Damaged PCM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts