Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now in the market for mod #2, which is going to be a CAI. I'm debating two things. 1) Should I get the Ram air style or should I go with the inner fender intake? 2) What brand? K&N is a reputable company and I've used them in the past, but they're also pricey as well as Steeda, etc. So, I've noticed that AM also sells a Mustang GT CIA kit for $85. Almost $200 less than the name brands.
So my question to you is should I go Ram or inner fender and what brand/model?
Of course, I would like to get the cheapest one, but I never like sacrificing performance for price. Any past experiences would be more than helpful as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I would go with JLT or Tunable Induction personally.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The cheapest way is a drop in K&N filter, although, a CAI from AM is not bad for the price. It's not a huge difference in power between CAI's. Good hunting:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
K&N is the "cheaper" way of doing it, although it is still a nice piece.

I recommend a JLT, Denscharger, or one of those.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
K&N is the "cheaper" way of doing it, although it is still a nice piece.

I recommend a JLT, Denscharger, or one of those.:bigthumbsup
Just FYI for anyone reading this that doesn't know. Densecharger is Tunable Induction now, the name changed. John DeMolet is the owner, and he's a really good guy to deal with. I picked up my Tunable Induction at his house at like 9:00 PM, since that's the only time I could swing by, and he was fine with it, didn't complain a bit, and showed me around and talked to me for quite a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.