Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I need some experienced opinion. It is a Clutch job went all wrong.
I had TOB noise, had to drop the transmission. Got the HD FR TOB, fork, pilot and the Steed adjustable cable with the kit. I had the wrong info about what I had there and from the $1200 Roush clutch I was informed was there, so I did not get a kt.
I was stuck on a Friday afternoon with no car and no clutch when I found out that it has the original stock and kinda warn but not slipping.

To cut the story short I head about a company that build custom clutches in KY and people that had it were happy with it to my understanding. So I got a stage 2 DF clutch they make. The shop gave me a high price to put the new cable and I thought to take it to another place. So the pedal and fork were way too lose and they installed the quadrant and it gave it a lot more tension. The clutch grips an the very very top of the cable and its slips very bad. Could that be because the stock cable is stretched and without the fire wall adjustment on top it slips from a luck of tension? When I called the shop they told me that it very well can be the reason..

Your input is appreciated!

Thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice! I ;earned so very much from all those replies!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
your post is a little hard to follow, if your running a stock cable and aftermarket quadrant with no firewall adjuster there is no way its adjusted correctly. its going to be to tight or to loose.

from the symptoms your describing its to tight and is going to destroy your new clutch pretty quick. you need to add a firewall adjuster asap. hopefully you got a double hook quadrant the tripple is useless imo

when properly adjusted with a aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster you should be able to tug on the cable and have about a 1/8" to a 1/4" of play ad the adjuster.

best of luck to you.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your post is a little hard to follow, if your running a stock cable and aftermarket quadrant with no firewall adjuster there is no way its adjusted correctly. its going to be to tight or to loose.

from the symptoms your describing its to tight and is going to destroy your new clutch pretty quick. you need to add a firewall adjuster asap. hopefully you got a double hook quadrant the tripple is useless imo

when properly adjusted with a aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster you should be able to tug on the cable and have about a 1/8" to a 1/4" of play ad the adjuster.

best of luck to you.....
I have a new Steeda adjustable cable and the whole kit installed.
The shop released the car without to install it, but I had found somebody the next day paid $80 and put it on. Now it is nearing great. I have made 2 adjustments in total and I need another minor one to get it 100% . I have the pedal rattle a little bit but not as much as at first. Now I have to resolve this annoying rattle coming from the Shifter (tri=x) ... I think the stop bolts are lose.. I saw Steeda makes makes isolatior that should take most of the noise away. I read in another thread that some experienced stangers advice to take the stop bolts out altogether? Do you know anything about it?
Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have a new Steeda adjustable cable and the whole kit installed.
The shop released the car without to install it, but I had found somebody the next day paid $80 and put it on. Now it is nearing great. I have made 2 adjustments in total and I need another minor one to get it 100% . I have the pedal rattle a little bit but not as much as at first. Now I have to resolve this annoying rattle coming from the Shifter (tri=x) ... I think the stop bolts are lose.. I saw Steeda makes makes isolatior that should take most of the noise away. I read in another thread that some experienced stangers advice to take the stop bolts out altogether? Do you know anything about it?
Thank you for the reply.
yeah check the stop bolts they are probably loose. also ditch the adjustable cable they are junk. get a oem cable and save yourself a lot of headache. with the oem cable you have 1 adjustment at the firewall clean and simple.

best of luck to you

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I thin the firewall adjustment bring to engagement point upwards, where I thought under, by the fork will lower the point..
But maybe I am wrong?

Thanx man!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts