Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed BBK shorty headers, midpipe is stock, and American Thunder cat backs. Now I have a serious Drone issue. Could you please help me decide what to do. I like the sound of my catbacks, but I would like to get a no-cat midpipe (no inspections here) And I think that I should have gotten long tube headers in the first place. I don't really care how much noise is behind me but the drone I'm experiencing is very irritating. I've read that putting an X pipe and longtube headers on will only make the drone worse. I want longtube headers and a no-cat X pipe. Can you help me decide what to do, I will replace the entire system if I have to. I know that I will have to accept some noise, and I want my car to have more power but not wake the sleepy or make me deaf. Thx.

·
Registered
613 Posts
if you take off the cats you will be even louder, the drone is an issue that you can check out on you tube. They seem to have all kinds of exhausts with alot of drone and very little. not sure if your headers are the prob, but i do know the mufflers play a huge part in that drone. if your still direct fit from cats back try putting the OEM mufflers back on see if it tones down. If so then i would suggest a better but quieter set of mufflers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts