Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a dog, the dogs ok but my front bumper on my 02 GT has broken the brackets. The bumper itself seems ok, no cracks or anything. The only thing I see is that the brackets are broken. My questions, make that 2 questions are......1. how hard is it tom replace the bumper? and 2. does anyone know where I can buy the brackets or are the all ready mounted on the bumper? thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
not sure about the brackets but the bumper is very easy to replace. i have the same exact car as you and had to remove my front bumper to put my intercooler in. there are two bolts on each side of the bumper near the fenders and a bunch of clips holding it on. oh and i think you have to unbolt the grill too. and unplug the foglights. took me about 10-15 minutes to get off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm having the same problem finding the brackets to hold on to the bumper. I've seen the brackets for the 94-98's Were you able to get the one for 99-04?

·
Registered
51 Posts
call your local ford dealer. Ask for theyre parts department, they would be able to help you no problem and let you know what may be involved. I work in a body shop, I own a GT and cannot honestly say I have ever taken a front bumper off our body style stang. From experience it wouldnt take more than an hour. But thats easy for me to say. If you have a lift it would be much easier. Depending on the brackets you are talking about, they are probably not attatched to the bumper and can be bought seperate.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has anybody found these parts or know name to make it easy when I call parts dealer? I believe its in between bumper and radiator support. Wife rear-ended a truck and bumper and hood are cracked and part bumper connects to is broke so bumper isn't really sturdy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.