Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 gt. My cousin has a 99 gt and i lent him my car for a day. He told me that my cars gas mileage was a lot less than his. It seems alright on the highway but my city mileage seems really bad. I don't have any numbers figured out but it seems bad.

I have a few mods. bbk long tubes, catted bbk short H pipes, SCT livewire tuner (I have it set to gas mileage tune running 93), MSD ignition coils, steeda short throw shifter, Spec stage 2 clutch and 4:10s.

Pretty recently changed the plugs, coils and boots (one went bad), oil, fuel pump, fuel and air filter, and transmision fluid. Ive tried cleaning my maf and that didnt help.

The car seems to run fine. It has a slight miss every once and a while at idle but i think i read that that was normal. It has a slightly rough start up sometimes.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause my bad gas mileage?

·
Registered
190 Posts
it could be long oil change intervals,gas concern,buy gas from the busy station, that one is more likely to be dry.the engine needs to be clean to run at it's best.that means clean engine oil and fresh gas.cheap paper engine air filters do not help either.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah i was getting around 10 in town with a heavy foot. did tranny fluid and filter change, alingment, new tires, fuel filter plugs, and i do a synthetic oil change every 2500 to 3000 miles and now i get about 15 in town with a heavy foot. had tie rods go out recently, just fixed those. take out any extra weight also...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have an 02 gt. My cousin has a 99 gt and i lent him my car for a day. He told me that my cars gas mileage was a lot less than his. It seems alright on the highway but my city mileage seems really bad. I don't have any numbers figured out but it seems bad.

I have a few mods. bbk long tubes, catted bbk short H pipes, SCT livewire tuner (I have it set to gas mileage tune running 93), MSD ignition coils, steeda short throw shifter, Spec stage 2 clutch and 4:10s.

Pretty recently changed the plugs, coils and boots (one went bad), oil, fuel pump, fuel and air filter, and transmision fluid. Ive tried cleaning my maf and that didnt help.

The car seems to run fine. It has a slight miss every once and a while at idle but i think i read that that was normal. It has a slightly rough start up sometimes.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause my bad gas mileage?
Correct tire pressure is also a must when it comes to gas mileage.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah that too. what is it every 5 psi is 1 mpg or somethin??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.