Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going all-mighty mustang gods! So I'm definitely the new guy to this site but have used it on numerous occassions scoping out the forums for tips and other misc. things. Well now I need your help. My mustang gives a very loud knocking/cracking sound when I turn, reverse, accelerate, pretty much every type of maneuvering at very slow speeds. The knock can be felt when it happens and it's definitely up in the front of the car. Now I'm pretty sure it's not coming from the engine because I know what that sound is and I'm thinking that the new rotors I put on are hitting something because they're wider than the stock ones I took off. I've dealt with this sound for awhile but I'm pretty sure it started after I put the rotors on. I'm thinking some wheel spacers might do the job but I don't want to buy them if they aren't what's going to fix the problem. Sorry about the long post but I want to give you guys an in-depth idea of what I'm dealing with. Thank you in advance!!! :bounce2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
How's it going all-mighty mustang gods! So I'm definitely the new guy to this site but have used it on numerous occassions scoping out the forums for tips and other misc. things. Well now I need your help. My mustang gives a very loud knocking/cracking sound when I turn, reverse, accelerate, pretty much every type of maneuvering at very slow speeds. The knock can be felt when it happens and it's definitely up in the front of the car. Now I'm pretty sure it's not coming from the engine because I know what that sound is and I'm thinking that the new rotors I put on are hitting something because they're wider than the stock ones I took off. I've dealt with this sound for awhile but I'm pretty sure it started after I put the rotors on. I'm thinking some wheel spacers might do the job but I don't want to buy them if they aren't what's going to fix the problem. Sorry about the long post but I want to give you guys an in-depth idea of what I'm dealing with. Thank you in advance!!! :bounce2:
Could be the new rotors if it is then you should see some rubbing on your suspension parts. Like on the shocks/struts but it sounds like to me some of your bushings maybe worn on you suspension. Does it do it when you hit a bumb. Had a 98 Z28 (piece of ****) and it has a 16 bushings in the rare suspension and one of them was bad to expensive to fix for what it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts