Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
My name is Mike, and i own a 2002 Mustang GT with a Cold air induction system, and a SLP Loudmouth II exhaust system.

I only have one problem with this car.
It has a mild rough idle, and a spitting exhaust.
When the Air conditioning is turned on there is a change in idle speed deleting the rough idle, and spitting exhaust. It idles perfect when Air conditioning is running. Power loss is presented in the Performance when Air conditioning is on, but a fine idle is also presented. i have ran fuel injection treatment by STP. I have cleaned the mass air flow sensor, and i have cleaned the Idle Air Control Valve along with Throttle body. I have replaced the filter with a K&N. The idle has gotten better but not 100percent. well that's my Mustang, i hope someone could give me some tips on this Idle issue, i would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Cleaning the IAC doesn't always fix them, unfortunately. It sounds like either the IAC or you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i was thinking the same thing that there may be a vacuum leak. engine performs fine under full load, at least to my full attention it does. although there is no hissing sound under the hood i am still stuck under a rock with this issue. thank you for the reply i appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.