Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy is restoring a '92 Camaro Z28 5spd. and is putting in a 350. I am wondering how I will hold up against him in the 1/4 mile when his car is all said and done. I don't think he is planning on putting an aggresive cam or anything like that, just a 350, I believe came out of another Camaro. He may do some mods such as SS dual exhasut and stuff, so I want to play it safe and do as much as I can before I race him, just in case he witholds some info from me, which is what I'm doing to him.;)
I have a '02 GT auto, all I have done to it is the SLP's, but plan on adding 4.10's shortly and go from there.
Of course, he's saying I have no chance and what not. I want to surprise him come race day and wipe that grin off his face as he's beat by an auto GT.:gringreen
So, what do you guys think. Do I have a chance where I'm at now, or will I have to install the 4.10's to beat him.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i think you can beat him,but put some 4.10s just to be safe

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Just because it's a 350 doesn't mean :censored:.

Get a Steeda Timing Adjuster and advance it 4 degrees.
Better torque converter.
Get those 4:10's in.
Better struts and shocks to get your power to the ground.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
There's really no way to tell, that 350 could be making virtually any amount of power depending on what goes into it, and you have no info on the chassis, like gears, trans, etc. Just concentrate on your car and what you can do and leave the rest to the racetrack to decide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's really no way to tell, that 350 could be making virtually any amount of power depending on what goes into it, and you have no info on the chassis, like gears, trans, etc. Just concentrate on your car and what you can do and leave the rest to the racetrack to decide.
Yes, very true. I do know that his car is the Z28 model, so I'm pretty sure that whatever gears, trans, etc. that came with the car, stock, are what will be staying in there.
I'm quite confident that I can take him, time will tell.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
57 Posts
get a programer for it you'll need one anyway to change the speedo after you install the 4.10s and you can reset some other settings at the sametime.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah get some gears and you will smoke him also jmod the tranny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.