Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’ve been looking around for a while for a mustang, just recently I found a 2002 Mustang GT its located at a dealership, has a 5 speed manual, flow master exhaust, K&N air intake, 69,000 miles, new rims and tires, brand new brake pads + rotors, leather seats, car is almost in perfect condition. It has had 3 owners and never been in any accidents, and no rust.
I’m currently 15 and soon to get my license, my dad had 3 mustangs in his time including a 1969 Boss 429, 1973 Mach 1 and 1969 Mach 1. I want to have similar cars, probably not going to happen.. But I can try. I really like the 2005-2009 body styles better than the previous; however this mustang seems to be a steal for the price. My parents are concerned about the gas money and insurance, I’m trying to get them to insure it under their name, does anyone know how much insurance would cost? I have enough money myself to buy the car it’s just now convincing my dad to let me get it. I think his thoughts are I will drive too much like he did when he had his mustangs J

I love mustangs and really want one. im not sure if i should wait and buy the one i want, which is around $30,000 or buy this car for a starter.

The car is $8999 and the sales rep said he would be willing to go down to 8000. Is this car a good deal?
Please let me know

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
86 Posts
thats not a bad price, its about average or maybe a little cheaper then what most people are asking. im not sure on the insurance but it will probably be pretty high due to the fact that you are 16 and its a v8. it wouldnt hurt to call your insurance company and ask them how much insurance would be, they will give you a ball park answer but its better than nothing. but as far as mpg goes my buddy has a 2001 gt and he gets around 16-18 and he doesnt do much hwy driving.
good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

The insurance will be going under my dads name.

Im not sure if i should get this mustang or if i should wait and get the 2007 GT..

·
Registered
86 Posts
theres nothing wrong with an 02 gt especially at 16. it depends do you wanna car now or can you wait a few years to buy an 07? by that time theres probably gonna be a new body style your gonna want. i would just go with the 02. hell look into a fox body they are cheap light and alot easier to work on, plus they are very easy to find parts for. i bought my 87 gt 5spd with 72xxx miles for 3800. its all in what you like though...

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Insurance is going to kill you. My son is 15, and to insure him under my policy which covers the '01 Bullitt was going to run over $400 a month. Of course that varies from state to state. I told him I'd buy him a V6 Stang, and get his own policy for his 1st car, which will only cost me $200 a month as long as he's not allowed to drive my car, truck or his mom's car.

Have your dad call the insurance company and get a quote before you get your hopes up. When the insurance costs more than the car payment, I have to back away.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Im 16 years old and the car is registered under my moms name for the insurance also and under the insurance I am covered on all of my parents cars It is a lot cheaper that way. The kids are going to be very jealous a lot of people are jealous at my blown 03 gt.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Im 17 and I have an 03 Mustang GT and insuring the V8 mustang under your parents name is THE ONLY way to go. When i called for an insurance quote for my mustang being under my name well.... Lol it wasnt pretty bro.

The 02 mustang your talking about seems to be a steal bro! I am curious though is this GT at a Ford Dealership or at a little moms and pops shop?

If its at a moms and pops shop I would be cautious because his complete willingness to lower the price that quick may be an area for concern.

NOT saying you shouldnt get it bro just be cautious sometimes finding THE RIGHT mustang takes a while, but when you find the right one you'll know its like..... LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT LOL:winks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
im 21 with 1 speeding ticket an 88 in a 75 (was truely going with trafic..) and my insurance full is about 315 on my own with my 63 year old father it drops to 218 and basic insurance is like 150 on my own it has yet to drop at all when i first got it i spent 355 through i belive gieco a month but thats my 2 cents.. sweet car man id go for it.. but if u can afford a 30000 (my finger hurt after all those 0's :p) dollar car go for it.. and bullit once again ur advise and wisdon is gold i spent more than my car payment for the first 6 months it was no fun

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im 17 and I have an 03 Mustang GT and insuring the V8 mustang under your parents name is THE ONLY way to go. When i called for an insurance quote for my mustang being under my name well.... Lol it wasnt pretty bro.

The 02 mustang your talking about seems to be a steal bro! I am curious though is this GT at a Ford Dealership or at a little moms and pops shop?

If its at a moms and pops shop I would be cautious because his complete willingness to lower the price that quick may be an area for concern.

NOT saying you shouldnt get it bro just be cautious sometimes finding THE RIGHT mustang takes a while, but when you find the right one you'll know its like..... LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT LOL:winks:bigthumbsup
Yea the mustang is at a Ford Dealership that has been in business for over 20 years. Ill have my dad call soon and find out about the insurance, ill let you guys know when i find out!

Thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
102 Posts
all depends were you are at i had a 90 iroc 350 and a 95 cobra. the iroc was more then the cobra was. i think i was paying a 137 a month fully covered on the iroc then when i sold that i got my cobra for 1350 and was paying 100 a month and thats when i was 16 and 17 so it all depends were u get ur insrauce from also just shop around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is a pretty good price from a dealer.

I'm 18 with absolute minimum coverage on my 04 GT for $150/month, which is terrible :(

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Too bad your dad didn't keep the Boss 429. He could put both of you in Shelby GT500s right now if it was clean and low mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.