Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have searched the forums but didn't really find anything that helps...

If I take the transmission out of gear at just about any speed the idle will surge to about 2000 and stay there until I come to a complete stop. I tried cleaning the IAC and then replaced it, but still no luck. It doesn't do it all the time, but I notice it more when I am sitting in traffic (engine running hotter). No codes on the OBDII. I think it might be a dirty sensor, but I don't know where to start looking. I would appreciate any help that you could provide.

·
Registered
122 Posts
AUTOZONE!!!

they provide free check ups to customers and if they notice something wrong either you or they can fix it, i guess it depends on what they discover

·
Registered
649 Posts
+1 on the Throttle position sensor....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update...

Ok, thanks for the responses. My local Autozone only had a little $50 code reader similar to what I have, so they weren't any help. I checked all relevant hoses for leaks. I tested the TSP, didn't see anything wrong with the output voltage (idle through wot), but replaced it anyway. That still does not appear to have fixed the problem. I guess my next step will be to have to dealership take a look at it... I will update everyone with the dealerships suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.