Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been reading into this upgrading of the maf on this site. Some say it is pointless on NA cars and some say it is good. Here are a list of my mods. Hopefully someone can tell me if I should stray from the 80mm that comes stock and go bigger or not.

2002 GT, 5 speed, 3.73 gears, fenderwell CAI, Typhoon intake system (75mm TB, upper plenum, lower intake), underdrive pulleys, BBK xpipe to flowmaster 40s, hypertech programmed

With so much flow from my typhoon intake and the new xpipe, is it a good idea for a bigger maf, and if so would i need to change injectors? Thanks yall.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Your injectors should be fine at this point with those mods. Are you looking to go FI?

·
Registered
210 Posts
FI = Forced Induction. ie turbo, or supercharger or a combo of both.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i am staying NA unless someone has found a cheap way to integrate the eaton supercharger off a cobra to fit the 2v i am looking to do headers and then maybe a cam...but after that we get into huuuuge bucks

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yeah, the Eaton will be costly to make it work on a 2v. Cams and LT's sound good:bigthumbsup Do you have head work done yet? That will help out a bit if you decide to get a aftermarket intake manifold. The o/r mid pipe will net you some decent gains also.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i'd recommend talking to an experienced tuner. they'll know from experience what an maf can offer. if i understand it right, you'd only need to upgrade if your current maf combined with your different upgrades was pegging the signal. otherwise it's not gonna matter.

if you want to upgrade, though, i have a lightning maf that came with my procharger kit that i didn't use and will sell.

R

·
0 Posts
I have been reading into this upgrading of the maf on this site. Some say it is pointless on NA cars and some say it is good. Here are a list of my mods. Hopefully someone can tell me if I should stray from the 80mm that comes stock and go bigger or not.

2002 GT, 5 speed, 3.73 gears, fenderwell CAI, Typhoon intake system (75mm TB, upper plenum, lower intake), underdrive pulleys, BBK xpipe to flowmaster 40s, hypertech programmed

With so much flow from my typhoon intake and the new xpipe, is it a good idea for a bigger maf, and if so would i need to change injectors? Thanks yall.

at your power level, your currant MAF sensor is fine...as an example. my 1996 GT ran 11.90'[email protected] wth a highly modded 4.6 SOHC and a "stock" 80mm Ford MAF sensor....so NO need to spend $$$ on one at this point....

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Maf

Totally agree. You are a long way from maxing out that MAF.

·
Registered
351 Posts
sorry to but in but when u get a maf meter is it the houseing and the sensor or just the housing? C&L told me that i could use my sensor in one of there big tubes. is this true?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Tubes

sorry to but in but when u get a maf meter is it the houseing and the sensor or just the housing? C&L told me that i could use my sensor in one of there big tubes. is this true?
Yes, assuming your sensor is in good shape. If you do this, be careful with it - they are easily damaged or gummed up with oil.

R

·
0 Posts
.........and watch out when buying aftermarket MAF's, esp c&l as they are not what they claim......

·
Registered
351 Posts
thanks alot because the kit i bought has a big meter but no sensor.

R

·
0 Posts
if you got the c&l maf housing and you are thinking of running it wth the Vortec blower:headscratch: untuned:scratchchin....very bad move:nono:

·
Registered
351 Posts
its an vortech bigger housing and im haveing a custom tune done soon as i get the system on. i called c&l a long time ago when i had my 88 5.0 that i was buildin. sorry to make it complacted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.