Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to this site, and so far... Pretty awesome. So here's the deal.. I have a charcoal grey 2002 v6 mustang, that is well on it's way to becoming a serious show car. I'm 17, and I basically put whatever money I can into making it incredible. I bought it with my own money, and I have around $7,000 in mods so far. My next project for it is a full body paint job, 4 piece bomber body kit, vfiber aftermarket wing, conversion to dual straight pipe exhaust, front panel side scoops, roof scoop, dual racing stripes, and a custom stage 5 hood... Everything is set in stone besides the roof scoop, and the color of the paint. But, there are only two choices for paint color. Either I keep it grey, and just repaint the metal flake grey on, or I switch it to a beryllium orange. The only problem is saleen doesn't release the beryllium orange paint... Anyone have any ideas on how to get it?? Or something that looks identical that can be purchased? And please also offer your thoughts on the roof scoop as well. After this project, the outside of the car will be complete. Then I'm starting on the engine bay, and performance mods. Any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. Thanks for your time.. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
with all that money for mods why didn't you just buy a gt?

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
beryllium orange. The only problem is saleen doesn't release the beryllium orange paint... Anyone have any ideas on how to get it??
That color is very nice. I'm not sure where but there are places that you can send very clear pictures to and they'll try to match the color 2 the best of their abilities and even make a custom color for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys... And, the reason I didn't buy a v8 is because I'd rather just do a motor swap on mine eventually. It's my baby. I couldn't imagine selling it. I was thinking about either keeping the six and doing a turbo system and supercharger... I already have nitrous... Or getting the eight and doing all that.. Not sure yet. But as far as the paint goes, thanks for the advice. :) I'll definitely ask my buddy at no limits about doing that.. I think I'm going to go for the orange. :)

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
what the heck did you spend $7000 on already..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
what the heck did you spend $7000 on already..
+106

and I have a suggestion on paint, I'm not sure that its released either, but Atomic Orange Metallic that is used on some GM cars, including the Corvette, is pretty close to Beryllium Orange.

and yah, I know, GM, but its just paint...

R

·
0 Posts
My next project for it is a full body paint job, 4 piece bomber body kit, vfiber aftermarket wing, conversion to dual straight pipe exhaust, front panel side scoops, roof scoop, dual racing stripes, and a custom stage 5 hood...
What am I reading... :badidea:
Smells like rice.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
$7000? Post a list of mods and some pics.

Just go into a auto paint supplier store and they will have all those papers with the sample paint chips. Tell them what color you want and if they don't have that EXACT factory color then they will probably have something else that is a 98% match.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Insurance is cheaper for a V6, and some people just plain like sixers
agreed, i mean im in the same boat, my insurance is high enough with my V6...and i love her to death, i dont have as much money to put into her though lol.

R

·
0 Posts
Funny... I pay less insurance for my Mark VII and Notch than I did for only my V6.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Maybe cause they're so old? I wonder why

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Older cars have lower insurance, my dads 93 F150 with a 302 5.0 is less than half the cost of my sixer's insurance and he only has to pay once a year verses my every 6 months. And ive got to say for a truck that thing is fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts