Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side power window on my 02 mustang v6 no longer works. It has been giving me a bit of problem, occasionally not functioning when the door is completely closed. If I held down the button it would work fine with the door open, but as the door got close to closing, it would stop functioning. There are no obstructions or anything preventing the motion of the window, so I assumed that a connection was loose somewhere, that was moved apart as the door closes. My first instinct(BAD IDEA) was to jiggle the wires where they go from the door to the cabin, and now it doesn't work at all. I removed the door panel and there was still power at the switch, and no signs of a loose connection. I managed to get the window up by jumping the motor to the battery, but don't know where to look inside the cabin. The fuse is fine and the passenger window works fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wiring diagram?

Anyone have a diagram for the power window circuit. Switch seems to be sending power out properly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem solved

Couldn't find wiring diagram so I broke down and went to dealer. Problem was a broken wire between door and cabin. was wrapped up tight inside electrical tape inside sheath. Not sure how this could have happened, but fixed at dealer for $150 OUCH!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.