Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recentlt installed a vortech on my 2002 mustang. Ran perfect no problems. A moth later I take it to the drag strip and blew a heater hose that came from the compartment to the back of the engine intake. Finally bought a new intake fixed it. Now it runs like crap. I get codes left and right. O2 codes/ FPDM codes/ vacume codes. I changed both sensors and it ran alright for a day. But now it wont run under boost. I hear an air blowing sound coming from the passenger side and it the car feels like it sputters under boost. Today I tried it again now when I accelerate, not fast but moderate it tries to die and I hear a metal clunking sound when it tries to die. In park it sound fine, no weird noises or movement. Just when I'm under boost. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you want to check for a vacum leak start the car up and spray some carb cleaner around the mating surface of the intake and around any vacum lines. if the idle changes you have a leak somewhere

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Intake

99.9% its an intake manifold leak, though you might have other problems as well. Did the car overheat when the hose blew? Anyway, if its not leaking when the car is idling or cold, you are probably opening up the leak when you heat up the motor or run it strong.

Get rid of the leak, and you are PROBABLY going to be OK.

Let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.