Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a 2004 saleen mustang wrecked and bought it 300 bux, because the whole front end and engine was pristine. I was wondering if the engine and trany would fit in my 2002 v6? both are automatics

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
yep, it'll swap in using everything from the donor car, nice find

basically you can consider it a body swap to the saleen

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Saleen for 300 I'm calling BS. Post some pics. Even if you got a GT Faleen with good engine and boys kit.... that would still be a steal.

Pics or it didn't happen...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Saleen for 300 I'm calling BS. Post some pics. Even if you got a GT Faleen with good engine and boys kit.... that would still be a steal.

Pics or it didn't happen...
its probably missing the back half of the car hahaha
only way i could see it but hey you never know, some people do get lucky every now and then

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it from Coparts, the salvage lot that sold it labeled it wrong as just a normal mustang, but it was in my area so i drove down and checked it out and it was a saleen engine( didnt know there was such thing as a gt with saleen engine and body kit) Ill post pics next week

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
What part(s) of the engine do you think is saleen exclusive? I still call BS on your story, a wrecked 99+ GT or even V6 would auction for a lot more than $300 so how are they making any money? Not to mention they would get more than 300 for the car just even for scrap metal.

R

·
0 Posts
What part(s) of the engine do you think is saleen exclusive? I still call BS on your story, a wrecked 99+ GT or even V6 would auction for a lot more than $300 so how are they making any money? Not to mention they would get more than 300 for the car just even for scrap metal.
Agreed.

The only thing Saleen on the engine would be the blower if it had one or the tag they put on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts