Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my very first Mustang, its a V6. I hate limited slip. But overall I love my car. I want to do some modifications at a beginners level, I know a little about Mustangs. My budget is a Little under $500 after I get true duals exhaust ( also opinions, Flowmasters or Magnaflow ) Please Help!

·
Registered
213 Posts
welcome to the site..you picked the right place for all the answers you need. im goin duals soon and goin flowmaster....i think its mostly preference..youtube has lots of sound clips, check them out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is youtube vids but it is really hard to decide :hihi: so I will have to take some thought into it. and Thanks!

Josh

·
Registered
396 Posts
Flowmasters sound "better" to most people. To me they sound like a V6 trying to be a V8. Magnaflow mufflers flow better, and I think that they build better exhaust systems in general. I personally love the sound of Magnaflow, but some people will sacrifice performance for sound.

+1 for the Magnaflows though

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I just got my very first Mustang, its a V6. I hate limited slip. But overall I love my car. I want to do some modifications at a beginners level, I know a little about Mustangs. My budget is a Little under $500 after I get true duals exhaust ( also opinions, Flowmasters or Magnaflow ) Please Help!
you hate limited slip??? Please explain.
If you want better mpg with a little power, I'd suggest a CAI and under drive pullies.

·
Registered
69 Posts
limited slip is the shiznit dude i dunno what youre talking about haha.... unless you are trying to say you hate the open differential the v6's are equipped with... that made the line "one wheel peel" famous...
and after exhaust if your going with flowmasters or magnaflows... you're not gonna have much money left...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you hate limited slip??? Please explain.
If you want better mpg with a little power, I'd suggest a CAI and under drive pullies.
I mean by Limited Slip as he said above " One Wheel Peel " Lol! If Im going to rip around corners or stand still burnout I want both my tires to spin, dont get me wrong I love my Mustang though! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.