Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've finally got my friend into New Edge 4.6L's and hes looking for a car since he finally sold his truck.

He found a 2002 Roush 360R and it claims to be #001 of 141.
I never really second guessed anything until I found a thread on a site from 2006 talking about how there was one for sale, but the stripe was off center on the hood, and BAM, this one hes looking at is off center.

I gathered some of photos off the site, and I wanted everyone's opinions on this: 2002 Roush 360R

They're asking 20k for it.

This is what the Roush VIN search says:
VIN Search For "34991"

Result 1 of 1*:

Model: Mustang
Model Year: 2002
Body Type: Coupe
Bed Type: N/A
Engine Type: GT
Transmission: Man
Stage: 360R
Color: White
Paint Code: Z1
Interior Color: Dk Grey
Build Site: B-50
Dealer: RPP Demo
Prod Start Date: 10-Apr-03
Completion Date: 15-Apr-03
Vehicle Serial No: 02-001
Thoughts on the car?
Was the stripe just redone badly?

·
Registered
943 Posts
This might be just me but why would someone modify this car? If this is truly the 001 car then I find it shocking that it has different wheels, headlight covers, and the strip tampered with. Also its surprising that the car has over 50,000 miles, that's a lot for a car that would be considered a collectors car since its not only one of 141 but its the 001 car. The mileage alone would kill the price for a lot of people that are willing to spend 20,000 for a 2002 mustang.

I do love the 360R cars though, wish they came with the side exhaust though!

Sorry none of that really answered any of your questions, I just thought I would throw out some considerations when thinking about buying!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This might be just me but why would someone modify this car? If this is truly the 001 car then I find it shocking that it has different wheels, headlight covers, and the strip tampered with. Also its surprising that the car has over 50,000 miles, that's a lot for a car that would be considered a collectors car since its not only one of 141 but its the 001 car. The mileage alone would kill the price for a lot of people that are willing to spend 20,000 for a 2002 mustang.

I do love the 360R cars though, wish they came with the side exhaust though!

Sorry none of that really answered any of your questions, I just thought I would throw out some considerations when thinking about buying!
I understand what you're saying!
I know that the headlight and taillight covers are there to protect it from chips and the such.
I did email Roush and they sent me an email back to after I asked if it was a true Roush and yada-yada, it read:

Yes. It was built as a ROUSH demo vehicle. Serial # 02-001
And my friend wants to get it stock and keep it as close as he can to it.

We all wish it came with side exhaust, :heha:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
That is a pretty cool car! I'm not a fan of racing stripes but I could live with it on this car.

Did he buy it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a pretty cool car! I'm not a fan of racing stripes but I could live with it on this car.

Did he buy it?
Our friend is at SEMA, so he will go look at it for him tomorrow, and if the car is good and still there around Thanksgiving, the one who wants to buy it will fly home and go pick it up, I'll be attending. wiggle.gif

He's wayyy too hyped.

If its sold, he'll probably just get a 05-09 dissapointed.gif or maybe a Cobra.
(Trying to lean him towards Cobra)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did u end up buying it? I recently purchased a 360r with 26k miles in near perfect condition for 11500...granted I basically stile it but I would stay away from that price!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts