1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
420 Posts
my advice is not to use a y pipe bc there more restrictive. just take it to a shop and have them cut the factory y pipe and go dual all the way from there. this is what i did on my 3.8 only i used flowmaser 40s and it sounds amazing for a v6.

good luck on whichever u decide

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
i have the same thing on mine it comes all set to bolt right on and has a y-pipe included but you can also do as suggested and do divorced duals.. just depends if you want a shop to do it or if you plan on doing it yourself

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k thx guys ima diy guy and i dont have the funds for x pipe ill prolly do it later on the..and whats a T-Lock?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
as the car is now.. it has an open differential in the rear end.. in other words.. power only goes to one wheel.. a t-lock also known as posi-traction or a limited slip differential will put that power coming from the driveshaft to both axles and so both wheels will spin instead of the one wheel peels you'll get with the stock v6 rear end

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh. how much is a t-lock?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
it might vary but its about $220 for the 7.5" differential for v6s

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey i have the pypes dual exhaust for a gt and i cut my y-pipe out. I then bought an h-pipe adapter kit so i could put the adapter in, then the gt exhaust just hooks right up. Ive got a link to the stuff.

V6 Dual Exhaust adapter kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Adapter

Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Violator Catback with Polished 304 Tips (98-04 GT/Mach 1) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! Cat-back

It worked out great for me. I love the sound of my exhaust! I also noticed they have a whole kit thing now with an offroad x-pipe.

Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conversion Kit (98-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

That may sound ricey though because the pypes mufflers are straight through (mine are) and with a raspy x-pipe and no cats, it will probably sound horrendous. Good luck with whatever you decide!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
dont worry about it the street pro mufflers are fine theyre nice and mellow not raspy at all the violators might be straight through but streetpros are chambered sound great in my opinion

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oh ok haha. I didnt know if all of pypes mufflers were like the violators. Thanks for the heads up, learn somethin new everyday huh?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
yep i was surfing around on the pypes website a while back and saw they had a cutout showing the insides lol thats the only reason i knew but yes learn something new everyday.. haha i feel myself frequently saying that

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found a magnaflow for 413 shipping included and then ill have like 220 left over then needa save like another 160 for my tuner. i might go with the magnaflow or get the pypes and save more..lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the Pypes SF-53 true dual with cats and X-pipe. It sounds ricey under full throtle but otherwise is a nice rumble. I got it from less than $400.00 through Ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.