Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend just got a 02 v6 with 140000 miles everything is fine with the car except when your passing or under full throtle when rpms reach about 4000 the car squeals from under the hood and the rpms drop please help im only half way car savy there is a cai on the car it was installed before she bought it im thinkin it is the maf please share you opinions and tell what should be done thankyou

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
sounds like the drive belt's slipping.
have you checked its condition and tension?

·
Registered
119 Posts
friend of mine had his mustang do that to him. it wasnt really a squeals but like he was hitting the rev limiter at 4k and it dropped him. He changed his belt ,fuel filter, plug, wire, and his fuel pump. At the end it was his fuel pump it seemed. Might be a different case just adding my .02 cents tho.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the replys I have already had the belt and pulley replaced thats what I thought at first right now I am leaning towards the fuel pump because what your friends car did is almost exactly what her car is doing it drops at 4k and it isnt so much as a squeal as a loud whine thank you again please feal free to leave anymore sugestions :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
119 Posts
let me know how it turned out :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.