Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a kid that want to run me in his 2003 350 z manual stock. i have a automatic gt stock we will probably to a 1/4 race who do you think will win honest answers please:shigrin

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
You should be able to get him. You have a whole lotta torque on him.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
+1 350's run about 13.8-14.2's all day at the track. if he's a good driver he might give you a run for your money, but stock GT's are supposed to run 13.5-13.7's all day. I think you will take him. (depending on traction issues)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
it's been proven time and time again that our cars are faster even in stock form.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I race a buddy of mine at the track alot. He has a 03 350z with aftermarket exhaust, CAI and tires that hook. It's usually a close race but I beat him every time, how I don't know because my driving is terrible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I seen a stock Z run at the track and I was disappointed. I am not sure who was actually driving it though. You got him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you cut a decent light, you'll beat him by at least a couple of car lengthsin the 1/4. I've raced them and I'm almost stock (O/R x-pipe and 93 octane tune) and I beat them by 4 or more car lengths in the 1/4. My best so far in the 1/8 is an 8.6630 @ 81.50 and in the 1/4 a 13.457 @ 103.63
My car (2006 Roush Stage One) is heavier (3720 lbs with driver and a 1/4 tank of gas) than your normal GT and with the same motor. Take out your spare tire and jack before you race him and let the engine cool. Lower your rear tire pressure (I use 22 psi...it works good for me). Leave on the third yellow light and you should stomp him. Practice your launch techniques (find a rpm that wont make your tires go up in smoke). Let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Who cares. You are driving the Mustang to and from the race.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for your thought ill let you know how it goes come time hes kind of cocky i want to show him what a real car is and my only kill thats worth metioning so far is a 2004 ish neon srt-4

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
if he is really cocky he'll probably be overanxious on the takeoff with way too much wheel spin, you should beat him easily though just watch yourself on your takeoff.

·
Registered
381 Posts
if he is really cocky he'll probably be overanxious on the takeoff with way too much wheel spin, you should beat him easily though just watch yourself on your takeoff.
Same goes for the OP to, don't get cocky or you'll lose to the Z. As Jules from Pulp Fiction would say, "Yolanda... be cool".

I also highly suggest the structured sentence mod... this involves capitalizing, punctuation, etc. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Let me be the black cloud for this thread:

I hope this "race" is NOT taking place on a public road and will be done at the track.

I have no patience for ego building/testosterone challenges that take place on public roads.

Take it to the track please.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Who cares. You are driving the Mustang to and from the race.
:evilchuck

One of my old co-workers had one, I rode in it and it wasn't all that impressive. He was in it and my first thought was, "That's it?". They don't have the same torque we do. Nice car, just not a stang.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You also have a rear seat so 3 friends can tag along. Z's are fun for twisties but the stang was my choice for looks and the rear seat (no kidding)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Faster or Slower. Nothing beats the look of a Stang.

G

·
The stang wil take the z easy. I had an idiot friend that traded his srt4 for one to race and man was he cryin the srt4 spanked the z.. speakin of cocky people theres a guy with a supra where i live, he says its the baddest car around, constantly bragging. there are numerous stang guys that call him out and he never races. the best ive seen him run was 2-3 years ago and it was a 8.20 in the 8th on spray.. I wanna run him so bad but he wont come to the track, I guess cause there are 3-4 blown mustangs runnin around now!! lol Also i hate the guys in there s10s rangers, etc etc, that think there bad and always try to race me , along with the ricers lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.