Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 03 mustang there are 2 cigarette lighter plugs one is bad, one is good, i have LED's wired into the plug that has gone bad, is has worked in the past, it is just recently that it has stopped working. I have checked the fuse and the fuse is fine, my only problem with this is when i take out the fuse the second plug in the center console still works (when the fuse isn't plugged in). i dont know if the is another fuse to check that isnt in the manual i am 100% sure that i am checking the right fuse. what else could be wrong that the plug by the radio doesnt work but the one in the center console does, and how would i fix it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
:headscratch:You can try the relay like the member before me suggested or try replacing the lighter itself you can find one at any advance or auto zone parts store it should be in the isle with the fuses, switches and wire connectors. It shouldn't be to hard to install best of luck!!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
29 Posts
you know i would have to say its the fuse, but you said you checked it. usually they stop working when the fuse goes bad. if you have a tuner try pluging it in and see if it gets power from your data port. if the tuner does not get power then its a fuse. that cigarette lighter on the driverside usually is on the same fuse as the data port.

G

·
just a heads-up:
there is ONLY 1 cigarette lighter socket and thats in the dash...the one in the center console is a "auxiliary power port" and not only is it wired differenty but it's voltage requirments are different than the cig/socket....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.