Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that I have a lot of carbon built up in my engine. I dont really know how to do the seafoam thing and I've read a lot of mixed reviews on it. Could I use like a Lucas Oil fuel injection cleaner? How much should I put in the tank?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have never done the seafoam treatment but i have seen alot of people do it to their cars on youtube. and for fuel injector i use that lucas fuel treatment. if you do it let me know how it goes. good luck:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
465 Posts
just run premium through the car for a week or two....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you put the lucas oil in, do you use the whole bottle? how much gas should be in the car? will i need an oil change?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It should be so many ounces of additive per so many gallons of fuel. One of the small bottles should do a couple of tanks. One of the big bottles should last a while.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The easiest/safest way to explain how to use the Seafoam is to get two cans. Pour one can in gas tank. With second can, put a drinking straw inside the Seafoam can. While the car is running, carefully pull out the pcv valve and place the end of the straw up to the pcv valve and let it suck small amounts up. It will smoke. If it idles rough, lightly push the throttle cable to rev the engine.
Thats it! Any questions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts