Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2003 GT and have recently noticed that the footwell behind my passenger seat is soaked after a hard rain. I have done some research and it seems as if there is a drain that may be plugged with debris that I need to clean/clear to let the water out. I looked up ways to clear these drains and this is what I have done so far.

1. removed rear seats
2. removed rear quarter pannel.

I have posted a picture below of where I am at. Can someone please pinpoint the exact area in which I need to clean?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
When I had this problem on my 2003 GT convertible I first tried cleaning everything. No joy. By running water in selected drain paths I found the water was coming in between the floor pan and door sills.

After research found a Ford reference that indicated insufficient sealant installed between the floor pans and door sills. The only way I could fix the problem was by resealing the seam between the floor pan and the side frame. I had to do this from the front passenger's area all the way back.

What I used was aluminum foil duct tape. Sealing every floor pan to body overlap I could easily reach. Once done no more leaks for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 04' had the same /similar problem. The rear window was leaking from the bottom corner where the glass and cloth met. I used clear silicon between the tops cloth and the glass where they meet. The leak stopped. For how long ?? I had a new Robbins vinyl top installed about a week later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts