Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking for a deep, roaring, cat-back with a good sounding idle.... I want the classic Muscle Car sound... not too high pitch.. I'm considering SLP or 40 Series A/T (I like that classic hollow sound) but you guys have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
the 40 flowmaster sounds good and has that hollow sound,add a set of 3.5 inch tips to deepen it some....

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
if ya want a nice, deep sounding catback system, go with magnaflow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah..im gonna have to agree with 04kennebellGT, magnaflow does give you that old muscle car tone....and also...take into consideration....an h-pipe will help with that old muscle hollow tone....I wouldnt nessacarily say SLP has that hollow tone...lol...maybe if you wanted a really really pissed off muscle car tone, you could go with SLP..but your best bet would be with magnaflow or flowmaster...flowmasters sound really good with an h-pipe, and have the pipes dumped before the rear axle...sounds really good...hollow...deep!....well let us know what you do.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Borla Stingers with MRT H pipe.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Flows or Mac with either a prochamber or o/r H:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys! I'd love to do the Borla Stingers with an MRT-H pipe but I don't got that kinda bank. hahaha I think I might go -with Flowmaster's with a High-Flo H-pipe (California's Emissions are really strict) Thanks guys!

·
Banned
652 Posts
40 series flows are old news, get some super 44s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 03 gt i run a magnaflow cat back and mac x pipe and get comments on the sound everytime i take it out nice at idol and it opens up at full, i love it

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Hey man, I just noticed your from the Fresno area as I'm too and I know how emissions suck here but a lot of us run mid-pipes and usually swap them out when test time comes. Do you go to school at Fresno State?

Thanks for the input guys! I'd love to do the Borla Stingers with an MRT-H pipe but I don't got that kinda bank. hahaha I think I might go -with Flowmaster's with a High-Flo H-pipe (California's Emissions are really strict) Thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.