Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 gt which i plan on putting a kb sc with 9 psi in. my buddy has a 2010 gt and wants to put a roush sc in his. is there anyway or chance that i can beat him?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Race before he gets the SC...:kooky:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
isnt the kb more efficient than the roushe? i say make sure you have a great suspension setup and get him off the line.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
the KB may be a little more efficient, but the 3 valve motor is better than the 2 valve...
Now to run a good 9psi takes alot of custom tuning and supporting mods...
If you really want to beat him get a single turbo...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cant i add a turbo to the kb? ive heard of it being done. but other than that i have no hopes huh?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yes there is always hope. if im not mistaken, i think the edge body weighs less as well. as to adding a turbo and a supercharger, i hope you have tons of $$$$.

i say, boost it on the 9lbs or even a tad over, do all the supporting mods, dyno tune and do alot of suspension work and some wide drag radials to hook. make sure your clutch is good to hold the extra power. also, what gears do you have in it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as far as i know factory gears but my car does seem to accel faster than any of my friends. i also have an auto transmission. would anything be possible if i can port and polish the heads and maybe some bigger valves or is the 3valve just that much more of a monster?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts