Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys.

I've had some new plugs and wires laying around for awhile and I think it's about time I put them in my car. I have a 2003 3.8L V6 Stang and I'm looking for any type of tutorials to help me install these. I used to have a chevy and the plugs were all right on the top. I looked down into my engine compartment and the plugs on the drivers side look easy, but the passenger side looks quite difficult. Does anyone have an instruction manual or description of the step by step process for changing the plugs an wires in my car, what tools will be needed, etc? I believe I have most of the tools, just want to make sure there won't be something strange that I may not have. Thanks for the help.

:worship

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Morning guys.

I've had some new plugs and wires laying around for awhile and I think it's about time I put them in my car. I have a 2003 3.8L V6 Stang and I'm looking for any type of tutorials to help me install these. I used to have a chevy and the plugs were all right on the top. I looked down into my engine compartment and the plugs on the drivers side look easy, but the passenger side looks quite difficult. Does anyone have an instruction manual or description of the step by step process for changing the plugs an wires in my car, what tools will be needed, etc? I believe I have most of the tools, just want to make sure there won't be something strange that I may not have. Thanks for the help.

:worship
Just take your time, and make sure the wires are put back in the proper sequence. It is best to remove your intake tubing to do the passenger's side......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know I'm gonna have to take my time. Been working on both my car and my bike the past few days. After work, there's not much daylight and I don't have a garage, so I have to get done what I can in a few hours. I don't think changing the plugs will end up taking that long though.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
579 Posts
I changed mine in the spring. My only tip would be to have deep sockets with a swivel elbow head on your ratchet, and make sure your ratchet is a long one.

The driver's side is a walk in the park compared to actually getting to the passenger side plugs. That side took me forever, and the farthest one back is the hardest one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I changed mine in the spring. My only tip would be to have deep sockets with a swivel elbow head on your ratchet, and make sure your ratchet is a long one.

The driver's side is a walk in the park compared to actually getting to the passenger side plugs. That side took me forever, and the farthest one back is the hardest one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Changed them last night. It was a lot easier than I thought. I first thought it was going to be impossible but patience and persistence got me through it. If you position your body right, it's not too bad.

:rollgrin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
meh you dont need your EGR .... remove all that crap ..... dont need your PCV system, or your power steering, or your AC.

Once done changing plugs are easy as cake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't even need the engine, throw that out. And since I'm throwing the engine out, no need for spark plugs meaning more time for sitting on the couch, drinking beer, and watching pre-season football!
:kooky:

·
Registered
66 Posts
all joking aside you REALLY dont NEED those things I listed lol.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
well.. i agree.. but id keep the power steering lol im too lazy

·
Registered
310 Posts
After installing long tube headers, spark plugs are cake. Body position is a big factor though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.