Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 vert with cai. every once and awhile there is a little blip in the idle. i also noticed that if you have it in neutral and give a quick shot of gas it seems to choke. i just bought it about a month ago and no nothing of whats been done to it. i have changed plugs and they are
properly gapped. i also have been using premium fuel since i have owned it. there are also no codes stored. possibly fuel filter? anyone experience this with there mustang?

·
Registered
225 Posts
It does sound like a fuel problem. You might want to change the fuel filter since you just got the car.

I know that every time I buy a used car the first thing I buy is a bottle of Chevron Trecron fuel cleaner from my local autoparts store. It cleans all fuel related parts up very nicely.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would check the air filter and fuel filter. I have researched and from experience can tell you the 03's have a slight miss when idleing. If you have hesitation when pushing the throttle I would try cleaning or replacing the IASC vavle(located on the throttle body).

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i will get at it and let you know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.