Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my 03' Mustang for two weeks, bought from dealer. Last night the gear shift would not move from PARK position. My husband was stuck at Staples Center. He finally forced the knob in and it shifted to DRIVE. Anyone know what we can do today, stuck again! and can't get it to shift.:eyebulge:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
MJ_Mustang03 said:
Only had my 03' Mustang for two weeks, bought from dealer. Last night the gear shift would not move from PARK position. My husband was stuck at Staples Center. He finally forced the knob in and it shifted to DRIVE. Anyone know what we can do today, stuck again! and can't get it to shift.:eyebulge:
Something's wrong with the brake lockout. How many miles are on the car? it could still be under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good News on 03' Park Break

Took the Mustang to the dealer, writer not too surprised at the problem. Turned out to be the brake switch. Brake lights not working until this was corrected, thus the car locks the park brake. Just override by turning ign. key to on position, push brake pedal and shift into neutral, drive to dealer! Thank goodness I got that 3 year/36 thousand mile warrantee.:winks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
MJ_Mustang03 said:
Took the Mustang to the dealer, writer not too surprised at the problem. Turned out to be the brake switch. Brake lights not working until this was corrected, thus the car locks the park brake. Just override by turning ign. key to on position, push brake pedal and shift into neutral, drive to dealer! Thank goodness I got that 3 year/36 thousand mile warrantee.:winks
the switch only costs la few dollars.

What did they charge your warranty?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.