Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 cobra with 26,000 miles. The car started making squeeking and squeeling noises. When i put the clutch in the sound comes and goes away, some times the sound is there all the time and others is goes away. When i had the car tune couple weeks a go the shop said i could get a while out of it, and they said do the clutch to while u have the tans out to put the Thowout Bearing in. Now i had 01 cobra with 42K miles and then had not any clutch/thowout bearing problems. ford wants 700 just to take the tranny out. I think im gunna let the car sit for a while b.c when i drove it today the sound was really bad and the padel was shackin like crazy. Any ideals for good racing clutch?

·
Registered
145 Posts
at your power level the stock clutch does not last that long. I had 494/486 to the wheels and my clutch was toast in no time especially when you hard on it. I bought a Mcloed RST street twin and it is a great clutch. Plus it is good for 800 to the flywheel. that or a if you want a cheaper one the spec 3 is good too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
clutch problem

young gun is right. Either clutch will do fine. I know your heart dropped when it happened. You'll get it fixed before long. Are you going to the All Ford nationals in June in PA.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clutch is good throw out bearing is shot which will take the clutch out in time. Im doing the job this weekend. Its gunna be a pain to drop the tranny but im not payin ford 700 to drop it tell me whats wrong with it. no im not gunan go to that show il be at the raceway park show here in nj alots of parts and good deals.

R

·
0 Posts
one thing to look at is the front bearing retainer, these are a weak spot along wth the input shaft and both of these are a problem eth the T-56 and can and will lead to an early clutch/TOB failure.........

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have the mcloed street twin also....my 03 cobra is now turbo'd making 730 to the rear wheels and never a clutch problem...the street twin was put in when i had a kenne bell w/ n2o about 5k miles ago....great product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.