Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a factory 2003 Cobra mass air flow sensor and 39 lb injectors on that e-place. The reason I did that is I am bumped against the wall with my present MAF sensor and injectors, and I thought it was a cheap way to get a bigger meter and injectors to experiment with.

Now I'm thinking maybe the electrical connections are different and they won't plug in.

Anyone know what I am am physically going to run into when I try to install the stuff?? Do I need a plasma cutter and a big hammer? Bailing wire?
:hihi:

Tom

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Your also gonna need to have the MAF transfer function changed to run that meter..
You'll be Very Lean if you just try to bolt it up!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm ordering the connectors I need from IST if a local bone yard doesn't have them. Since I've already spliced into the MAF wires because of the supercharger it isn't an issue to splice in a new connector.

I'm bumping up the injector size at the same time as the air meter, plus I can adjust the curves and injector size with the tweecer (now that I understand how it works).

I'm hitting 100% on my old injectors and MAF sensor so they have to go even though mixture is almost perfect. This has been a learning experience.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.