Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 mustang GT with the following mods--CAI, C&L plenum, 75mm t-body, U/D pullies Diablo tuner and a Cat Back exhaust and a 4.10 frpp gear --Should I be making around 290-300 hp at the crank or am I crazy? If not how much HP should I Expect when I go to the dyno this weekend? Also

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

My friend has a 04 GT that is about 350hp and about the only thing he has in addition to what you listed is a cold air intake, so I would expect somewhere in the low to mid 300s​

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Highly Doubt That He Is Making 350at The Crank With The Same Bolt Ons I Do He Is Pulling Your Leg

·
Registered
244 Posts
My friend has a 04 GT that is about 350hp and about the only thing he has in addition to what you listed is a cold air intake, so I would expect somewhere in the low to mid 300s​
I call BS on that claim, he is not making no 350 at the wheels with just those mods. The highest dyno I have seen with those mods is 274rwhp. Your probably close to 265rwhp.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^ I agree, I don't think you'll see 300hp bud. I have all the mods you have and plus a o/r mid pipe and I'm guessing I'll see around 255-260hp when I go to the dyno. (Mines an auto)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I don't think so:headscratch: The dyno he went to, to get his car done must of been way off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
With a CAI, Cat back and a SCT X-Cal tune the highest I have seen was 271 rwhp, on a cold day. If you estimate a 15% loss through the drive train I would guess 305-315 at the crank.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
no this is down right funny. I needed a good laugh. Guess I wasted money on the vortech should of just the caI ON.
:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:laugh: Guess I have more hp than you john with my CAI:shigrin

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
no this is down right funny. I needed a good laugh. Guess I wasted money on the vortech should of just the caI ON.
:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

come on, everyone knows a CAI is way better than a vortech.

·
Registered
17 Posts
^ I agree, I don't think you'll see 300hp bud. I have all the mods you have and plus a o/r mid pipe and I'm guessing I'll see around 255-260hp when I go to the dyno. (Mines an auto)
Dang, and i thought it was kinda easy to get to 500~ HP. A friend of mine was selling his terminator that had over 500 horses under the hood. It was put on a dyno, yes, i saw the papers =P. One day, I will be there after i get a a 5.0 rebuilt, ill put money into parts for my stang!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Dang, and i thought it was kinda easy to get to 500~ HP. A friend of mine was selling his terminator that had over 500 horses under the hood. It was put on a dyno, yes, i saw the papers =P. One day, I will be there after i get a a 5.0 rebuilt, ill put money into parts for my stang!
To clear things up man, I have a cobra clone (in progress) that's why my numbers are way low to be a terminator lol. It's just a GT with cobra costmetics, I plan on going FI later and make close to 400hp when my budget allows it, but before I go into that I'm going to work on my suspension.

Good luck on getting the 500hp beast going, let us know how it goes:bigthumbsup Should be a monster on the streets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.