Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

This is my first post on these forums, I've been using the moddedmustangs forum previously, but this looked much better! So Hi!

One day last week, my wifes car started making a slight whistling sound from under the hood. I opened it and and located the problem to be what looks like a dodgy repair with some electrical tape! I'm not sure she had noticed this before, so we don't know when it happened! Maybe a dodgy repair job or since we got it from a dealership, i don't know!

Does anybody know the function of this pipe/tube? And what it does?

The pipe seems to be slightly bent with a hole in it... Somebody has put some electrical tape around it. From the heat, the electrical tape has moved out of place and started making the noise.

Here's some pictures below... Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
That tube runs between the plenum and cam cover, there's a pcv valve over on that side if I'm not mistaken. So basically, it's crankcase ventilation.

My crystal ball shows you taking a trip to the Ford dealer for a replacement fitting. In the meantime, if the engine is running poorly due to that thing leaking, you could probably band-aid it by cutting the broken part out of the way, put a plug over the fitting on the plenum and cap off the tube. It will however need to be intact and functional in order to pass emissions or whatever inspection, should that kind of thing apply to you.

And btw, welcome to AFM, the "Premier Mustang Forum" lol. I used to lurk over at moddedmustangs from time to time but never joined. Looks like a decent enough place though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! Thanks for getting back to me! It was the elbow which had a hole in it and the ford dealership only stocks the whole tube assembly (tube and two elbows) for $38!

Were gonna take a trip down the scrapper and see if we can pick up a second hand one for cheaper. Thanks for the tip about capping it off! Great help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts