Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here, and i have a 2003 gt with a 4.6. iv been throing around the idea of camming it, what kind of cams should i go with i want somthing with a rough idle, i know i have to change valve springs, but i want somthing i can use that i dont have to retune it when im done, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
no matter what cams you do your gonna need a tune, no matter what

·
Registered
136 Posts
well for recommendations of cams, that depends on what your goals are. It seems like you have a close to stock, maybe some bolt ons car that is daily driven. if so it would be most reccomended for a stage one/less agressive cam. maybe comp 262s, or check out VT and MHS cams. maybe someone else can chime in on the choice of a cam because i am not qualified to really answer that ha. then your going to need to find a local tuner, and he will probably use SCT software. You will then need to buy an SCT Xca3 and have him make a custom dyno tune. All in all its probably gonna cost around 1500 for the parts, tuner, tune and to have it done right.

·
Registered
454 Posts
well for recommendations of cams, that depends on what your goals are. It seems like you have a close to stock, maybe some bolt ons car that is daily driven. if so it would be most reccomended for a stage one/less agressive cam. maybe comp 262s, or check out VT and MHS cams. maybe someone else can chime in on the choice of a cam because i am not qualified to really answer that ha. then your going to need to find a local tuner, and he will probably use SCT software. You will then need to buy an SCT Xca3 and have him make a custom dyno tune. All in all its probably gonna cost around 1500 for the parts, tuner, tune and to have it done right.

Your goung to have around $1250 in just the cams , cam gears and valve spring kit by itself. I just bought everything to do mine. As far as labor it all depends in who you know. I just dropped mine off at a guys shop to have it all installed so Im not sure of the cost in labor yet. Tuner is another $350.00 and the cost of a good tune all depends on who you use to do the dyno pulls and make your custom tune. It will be alot more than $1500.00 to have it done correctly..:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.