Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a question... How can you tell real centennial GTs from fakes? I know that the Mustang GTs came with different fender and trunk labels but isnt it possible that someone could fakely label their 2003 GT a centennial edition and post it on craigslist?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i know nothing about the centennial edition stangs. but i think they only came in black . but run the vin# that would tell you for sure

edit: i did a quick google. i guess ford made all kinds of centennial cars. focuses, taruses, mustangs, explorers, f-150s. but i noticed in the mustangs they have the fender badges + on the front seats they should have special embroidery

·
Registered
213 Posts
The centenial editions were 2004. They all were black cars with tan interiors. The seat headrests also had the centenial logo. All other 2004 mustang had the 40th anniversary badges.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry you are correct by the model year but the rest of my info is correct

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea you guys are all right the vin and the seats would be a good way to check i just know that there are some idiots out there that make their cars into things that they really arent... :headscratch:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just badges. I know its the fastest way to tell the diff between an 03 and 04 Mach 1.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
There was a 40th Anniversary Package. Here's the info:

In 2004 a new package called the 40th Anniversary Edition was offered on the base and GT models. A new color, Crimson Red, was offered only on the 40th Anniversary Edition. The only other colors offered were Black and Oxford White. 40th Anniversary Edition models also came with premium wheels, body-color fold in mirrors, "40th Anniversary" floormats, and beige stripes on the trunk, hood, and sides. They also came with an interior upgrade package which included larger headrests and silver-colored interior trim. Only 5700 40th Anniversary Edition Mustangs were made. Of those, 4526 were crimson red.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i need some of those larger headrests! anyone know where they might sell them? the ones i have, have no head support

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
There was a 40th Anniversary Package. Here's the info:

In 2004 a new package called the 40th Anniversary Edition was offered on the base and GT models. A new color, Crimson Red, was offered only on the 40th Anniversary Edition. The only other colors offered were Black and Oxford White. 40th Anniversary Edition models also came with premium wheels, body-color fold in mirrors, "40th Anniversary" floormats, and beige stripes on the trunk, hood, and sides. They also came with an interior upgrade package which included larger headrests and silver-colored interior trim. Only 5700 40th Anniversary Edition Mustangs were made. Of those, 4526 were crimson red.
I have an 04 GT with the premium package and it has the 40th ann. badges, the dressed up interior (headrest, silver trim, 2 tone, pedals, etc etc.....). And my car is dark shadow grey. The only thing that seperates my car from the few true 40th ann. GT's is the badging on the inside around the shifter. I thought all 04 were like this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The info that I posted is straight from the flyer ford had for this package. Each of the upgrades is an option that all together make up the 40th package. It might be that some people picked some of the options (special trim on the inside) but not the total package. So their car might a few of these special options. I am just speculating on this - so don't quote me.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Its cool man Ive always had that question in my mind though. I thought all 04's had the dressed up interior, even the V6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is for information on the centennial edition mustang
they all only came in black exterior and no other colors
they came with a distinctive 2 tone interior color with centennial
on the leather seating
there were only 717 made in coupes
there were only about 1300 and something made in convertibles
they were the premium pgk of the gt models with distinct badges and interior badging for $1000 came standard with 4 wheel dics brakes and traction control and a mach 500 sound system the only upgrade that i know of was the stereo from a mach 500 to a mach 1000 sound system and i am very pleased to have it stock
pretty much anything else you need to know just ask away and will try to fill you in on the car for i own the centennail edition and by the way they only came out in 2003 not 2004 like it was stated ........
oh yeah when you purchased this car new, a few months after the purchase FORD from dearborn sent me a huge book commemorating the FORD industry with photos and facts all about FORD motor company, they also sent me a key chain that matches the car and a watch with the mustang that also matches my car and i may be wrong but the watch carries the cars # on it so you get this as a gift from ford and it matches your car - cool deal in my opinion

i just joined this site so im gonna check out some of the posts
any questions just fire away

Ed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have a 40th anniversary model the crimson red I also have some of the options but not all of them. One option I have a question about my leather seats have stitched mustang ponies in them is this part of the package or do other mustangs have these?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Centennial Mustang

I have a 2003 Centennial Car convertible that I purchased in Tokyo Japan, it is an origional export car and going to bring it back to the states, what I am not sure about is how many of these cars were exported out of the country set up for export, there is some small difference's in the tail lights and gauges but the rest seems to be the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
iNCORRECT INFO

The centenial editions were 2004. They all were black cars with tan interiors. The seat headrests also had the centenial logo. All other 2004 mustang had the 40th anniversary badges.
Sorry, Joe, but you're information is not correct. Here is the manufacturer's details, for this edition:

Centennial Edition of the Mustang. Producing 1,323 Convertible models and only 717 Coupe models. Total production for this Centennial Edition was 2,040. This model came as Henry Ford stated when he created the Model T "Any color as long as its Black." The 100th Anniversary models only came in black, and included Premium Verona-grain Imola leather seating surfaces in two-tone parchment, and the Mustang got the GT premium package which included 17" wheels, anti-lock brakes and traction control; dual exhaust; power driver's seat with power lumbar support; leather-wrapped steering wheel; and Mach 460 AM/FM Stereo with six-disc CD changer, as well as 100th Anniversary badges on the fender and decklid and embossed on the seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is for information on the centennial edition mustang
they all only came in black exterior and no other colors
they came with a distinctive 2 tone interior color with centennial
on the leather seating
there were only 717 made in coupes
there were only about 1300 and something made in convertibles
they were the premium pgk of the gt models with distinct badges and interior badging for $1000 came standard with 4 wheel dics brakes and traction control and a mach 500 sound system the only upgrade that i know of was the stereo from a mach 500 to a mach 1000 sound system and i am very pleased to have it stock
pretty much anything else you need to know just ask away and will try to fill you in on the car for i own the centennail edition and by the way they only came out in 2003 not 2004 like it was stated ........
oh yeah when you purchased this car new, a few months after the purchase FORD from dearborn sent me a huge book commemorating the FORD industry with photos and facts all about FORD motor company, they also sent me a key chain that matches the car and a watch with the mustang that also matches my car and i may be wrong but the watch carries the cars # on it so you get this as a gift from ford and it matches your car - cool deal in my opinion

i just joined this site so im gonna check out some of the posts
any questions just fire away

Ed

that's awesome, Ed. My company has a 2003 GT, but we're not sure what edition. From all appearances, it too is a centennial. However, this was an impounded car, that went unclaimed, and we got title for it. We'll need to submit the vin to Ford, to find out if it is. If it turns out to be one, we're gonna be sorely disappointed not to have the trinkets that Ford sent to you, so it would make it more attractive to
sale for a good price. Have fun and don't get caught having it! LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts