Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2003 Mustang GT which is currently stock except for Flowmaster mufflers and K&N air filter which were installed by the previous owner. I just ordered the Eibach Pro System Plus kit (springs, shocks, and sway bars). Also planning to do subframe connectors with the Eibach kit. I have the following questions:

1. I'm considering a BBK Gripp strut tower brace. I hope to supercharge it eventually, but don't know yet what blower I'll get. I would like to make sure that whatever brace I install will have enough clearance for my blower down the road. Does anyone have experience with New Edge Stangs with a strut tower brace and blower? Please let me know what brace and blower combination you have.

2. I would like to get some opinions on rear shock tower braces. What's good? How much do they help?

3. Opinions on welding vs. bolting on subframe connectors? Obviously welding will give a stiffer connection, but does anyone have experience with both and can say how they compare?

Any help you guys can give is appreciated. I'm new on here and hoping that I can get some valuable support from other members as I start doing upgrades.

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
You need to decide which blower you want to use. Steeda STB with a Vortech setup works. I'm sure it would work with any STB. No idea about twin-screw set-ups.

I'm sure rear shock tower braces are great, but I haven't messed with one yet.

As you stated, weld-in subframes are better than bolt ons. Armed with that knowledge, I don't know why you'd settle for something that doesn't work as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Definitely weld in the sub frame connectors or you will not get the full benefit. Get the maximum motorsports full length ones, they are easy to weld in and are super stiff.

As far as the strut tower brace, just wait until you get the supercharger you want so if the brace does not fit you can take it back. I know maximum motorsports offers a strut brace specifically for kenne bell superchargers, if you are going that route.

I just installed a steeda shock brace on my car yesterday. Simple to weld in but I really cannot say that it feels any different. I imagine it might be different with a coil over set up but if cannot hurt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You got all the right advice already...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update...

I installed the Eibach Pro System Plus suspension kit about a month and a half ago now. The difference in handling is unbelievable, and I actually like the way it rides better too (so does my wife, believe it or not). For anyone else considering it this is definitely worth the time and money, just make sure you have a spring compressor, some pry bars, and a helper as the springs can get tricky.

I purchased the kit from Autoplicity.com. Just ran across them on Google shopping but they have by far the best price, great reviews, BBB accredited, and got me the parts really fast. They actually shipped directly from Eibach.

After that I did BBK subframe connectors. Gave some improvement but they were a pain in the butt. I ended up bolting them in. A couple tips... line up the connectors and use a jack under them to push them up into place. You won't be able to push them on by hand but they'll slide right up with the jack. You may have to back out your seat studs a little too in order to make them line up, then run them back down after placing the connectors. I have Flowmaster mufflers and also had to remove them in order to drill the holes and insert bolts in the rear. I just disconnected the whole rear pipe portion in the middle of the car and dropped them, that way you don't have to mess with the O2 sensors or disconnecting from the headers. One of the pipes was rusted together at the joint (even though the nuts came off real easy) so I couldn't get it apart at first. I was able to let the car sit for a week so we just hit it with PB blaster every couple days and it basically fell right off the following weekend.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but between this info and the included instructions installing these things isn't too difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts