Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 GT Convertable that I love to drop the top and go for a ride. Yesterday I had my dog with me and left him alone in it for a few seconds while dropping off my daughter at her moms. The dog chewed threw the drivers seat belt. Does anyone have any tips on how to replace it? The biggest challange looks to be removing the rear interior side panel to access the retraction mechinism. Any help would be great, Thx.

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easy to do. Remove the back seat. The bottom is held in by a push button latch about 10 inches in from each side. Use a flat blade screw driver to push in the button. Remove the bottom. The back is held in with 2 18mm nuts. Remove nuts,pull out and up to remove seat back.
On the panel,remove the top speaker cover,it is held in with clips. remove the T bar between the speaker cover and seat belt. The side panel is held in the rear by 2 plastic studs that are where the seat back rests,and 1 platic stud on the top edge. The front is held in with 2 little trim studs that are in the weather strip. After these are removed,pull the panel towards the front. It has 2 metal clips holding it to the body.
Once it is off the seat belt is right there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.