Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. seems like lately i have been having some trouble putting my gear into place.. as if it gets stuck then i have to do it again for it to go in properly.. im new.. today is my first day on the forums.. what seems to be the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Synchros are a device in the input shaft of the transmission that allow gears to be put in place at any speed by synchronizing the speed of the transmission with the speed of the engine. before this device you had to be at the perfect RPM to smoothly engage and disengage the tranny with the engine. each set of gears has its own independent synchro, 1st and 2nd has one, 3rd and 4th and so on...USUALLY. so yes i agree it sounds like a synchro problem.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 2003 Mustang GT has 90,000 miles on it and my synchros are starting to act up.. how long do you think i have before i MUST change the transmission.. and what would be a couple of choices of transmissions that i can upgrade to.. please if you have time, what upgrade would you make? and why? MY BABY COMES OUT OF THE SHOP TOMORROW!! AFTER 6 LONG WEEKS!! :D
Dude, not to bash on you but you have to stop creating threads of the same topic. Is better to add questions to your previous thread problem related topic that way everyone who tries to answer your question(s) will have a better understanding of what's really going on.

Now to your question, what are your plans/goals? If you're not going with FI or pushing over 350rwhp, I'd say stick with a stock one and save your money. If you have the money, go for a T-56 off a 03-04 cobra for performance wise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will do.. i think in the long run it would be nice to push over 350-400hp but dont have the funds for that right now.. where would you recommend picking up a transmission from? and how long before my current tranny goes out on me? so i know how much i have to start saving up.. cuz im broke right now!!:weeps

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
your tranny wont necessarily go out on you. just try not to downshift/ revmatch or powershift too much. if you stay away from abusive stuff then the syncros most likely will not get any worse and you will just be at the same level you are now. so take care of it now while you earn some money and then buy a nice transmission to suit your future needs (maybe a tko or like stated before a t56). oh and keisler makes a t45r transmission. it's a rebuild t45 that can handle some serious power for a decent price. tremec | 5 speed | 6 speed transmission | Classic car restoration | hydraulic clutch kit | ford transmissions | chevy transmission | dodge transmission

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome! the more i read about the t45, the more i start to lean towards it! I just either need to add a mgw or steeda short throw with it from what i hear. But again thanks for all of the advice!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
well not just the t45, i was talking about the t45r. richard is an active member on here (he works for keisler) and im sure if he stumbles across this he will chime in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kool.. i called and they quoted me $1300 shipped out and i would get $300 back once i sent in my old tranny.. sounds pretty good.. but still going to look around a lil bit.. thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
yeah no problem. i dont blame you one bit taking your time looking into a thousand dollar purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.