Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I read on forums I figured out that stock tires mean the tire that actually came with the car or with the same dimension. I don't know if I am right or wrong on this. Can someone please explain me what is stock tire?

I went to monro muffler and they said that they have stock tires for $175 each and they had some other tire for $980 each:shocked: But I refused to change tires at that time because I didn't know what is stock tire. And other than stock tire what other types of tires are available in market?

Also I want to know which tire size(all season) would fit best on my 2003 GT?

Also where can I find some good cheap tires?

Thank You for your time,
Regards,
Hardik

·
Registered
566 Posts
From what I read on forums I figured out that stock tires mean the tire that actually came with the car or with the same dimension. I don't know if I am right or wrong on this. Can someone please explain me what is stock tire?

I went to monro muffler and they said that they have stock tires for $175 each and they had some other tire for $980 each:shocked: But I refused to change tires at that time because I didn't know what is stock tire. And other than stock tire what other types of tires are available in market?

Also I want to know which tire size(all season) would fit best on my 2003 GT?

Also where can I find some good cheap tires?

Thank You for your time,
Regards,
Hardik
The stock tire size is 245/45/17...well that's what it is on my 01 GT. The stock tire is what came with the car from the factory...and the stock tire size is usually as I said 245/45/17...If you're keeping the stock wheels/rims on your car then you can either get 245/45 or you can get 255/40...I have 255/40 for my rear tires and on the front I have 245/45...the 245/45 costs a little more than the 255/40 b/c its a harder size to find if you go to any tire store. Now, I just bought 2 Nitto NT 555 tires off of discounttire.com...which I recommend b/c they have really good prices, better than any other site, plus they're a legit company...shipping was free and the shipping was pretty fast...if you have any more questions just reply or send me a PM...there are plenty of people that can help you on here!!!!:bigthumbsup

Also, a good tire is the Nitto NT 555...the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW is for summer but if you want all season then you should get the BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S...which are all season tires!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I bought goodyear eagle F1 all season after reading all the good reviews about it. I bought 275/40-17 for 177$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.