Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been having this weird recurring problem with my mustangs's driverside window. It intermittently stops working randomly from time to time and then starts working again. I wanna say it makes a little electrical sound when you click the button but its hard to describe its like a zap click sound which makes me think that its related to the power switch because if it works every now in then it can't be a the motor or even the regulator right? I also live in Florida and its about 90+ every day now and I heard that could be a factor. There's not much help on the internet so any help would be much appreciated, any ideas would help thanks guys....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sounds like your window motor is going out. They are pretty cheap and easy to install

·
Registered
297 Posts
mine did the same thing recently... i could hear the relay clicking when i pressed the button, but no window movement... the gauges would also dim a bit when i pressed it... i took the door panel off to look at the arms and motor, but couldn't tell anything, ended up banging on the door while pressing the button, i guess it moved the arms enough to get the motor to push the window up... i put some wd-40 on the arms and haven't had a problem since. i hope this helps your situation, good luck

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yeah man my drivers side window does the same thing. banging it right behind the speaker and towards the end of the door works for me. i was at the drag strip and was about to race and my window bugged out on me so i had to leave the track awkwardly and i banged it a few times and it started working again

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I gotta try that out, I hope I don't need to buy anything though cause I dont have the money for that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.