Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2003 Mustang with standard headlights. They fog up very often in which I have to go get them polished. I hate this because even if they are polished, I can't see very well at night. I would love to buy some new headlights that are smoked/black but have great light to them. Please help!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
american muscle has a couple sets of headlights.. get the factory style.. do not get halo or projector headlights they look terrible

·
Banned
1,352 Posts
i love my halos i dont care what anyway says. i like them because of the blue leds but their about to get replaced so i can install strobes

·
Registered
483 Posts
i love my halos i dont care what anyway says. i like them because of the blue leds but their about to get replaced so i can install strobes
So you're going from just fugly and annoying to totally illegal?

·
Banned
1,352 Posts
to me the halos give add a nice edge but i will probably replace them with stock ones that are smoked. the only thing that pisses me off about the halos are the actualy halo part around the bulb burns out quick. and hopefully here in 6 months or so when i turn 18 im gonna be a volunterr firefighter so its legal to have them :p and besides im not gonna use them on the street i just want em just because

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
that makes about as much sense as building a race car and then never racing it "just because"

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a '99, so i'd assume the '03's to be as easy to install, but if you get the chrome headlights from AM, they look great, don't cost a ton (cheaper than the halos), and it's a quick 5-10 minute job by pulling out the two brackets per headlight. I'd got the Luminics bulbs with the set of headlights too, and it looks great.

I would have done the polished headlight thing, but mine were getting a bit of fog inside, and there was no real guarantee that the headlight polishing kits would totally do the trick anyways. The chrome headlight replacements are sealed, unlike some other headlight sets out there that you have to silicone, so that was also another reason that i'd got them. Ultimately, the time spent (assuming a nightmare scenario) and the polishing kit expense probably evens itself out for what you'd pay for the chrome headlights, anyways.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can get a new set like the ones you want, for around 100$ from ebay good luck man, also righte after you get the ones polished buy some RV silicone sealant and seal them that's what I did to mine, they stiL look brand new

R

·
0 Posts
You can get a new set like the ones you want, for around 100$ from ebay good luck man, also righte after you get the ones polished buy some RV silicone sealant and seal them that's what I did to mine, they stiL look brand new
+1
Seal the heck out of them. The seal they have from the manufacturer sucks.
Clear silicone and some time makes for a better experience down the road getting frustrated over foggy lenses.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
halo headlights on a mustang is one of the worst things you can do to these cars. get oem style headlights with the black housing. i got those for like $70 shipped off ebay brand new and they look and work great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts