Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 03 Mah 1. I have not been able to clearly determine if the internals on the 03 4.6L 32 Valve motor are the same as the SVT Cobra minus the super charger. Does any one know if they are rated the same or are the same quality of parts? I am guessing the compression is different but are the connecting rods the same, crank, heads and so on. I am finding little bits and pieces but do not know what is true and what is not. The only thing I know for sure is it is all aluminum. Can anyone point me in a direction to a factual site or information on the internals of the motor. I would really like to know. Thank you,
Ahren

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
the only forged internal part on a mach is the crank if you got a 5 speed. autos are not forged crank. the motor is a lot different then the cobra motor. its still a great motor though. trust me been doing a lot of research on machs the past few days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the only forged internal part on a mach is the crank if you got a 5 speed. autos are not forged crank. the motor is a lot different then the cobra motor. its still a great motor though. trust me been doing a lot of research on machs the past few days.
He's right also the Mach 1 has a higher compression ration of 10.1:1 and its own custom cam set up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Do you know the HP rating of the factory Mach motor. My old 02 GT was rated to about 400 max. Have a great day,

Ahren

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
what the machs have from factory or what they can handle?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
My tuner has a Mach, it's definitely torqueier than the cobra motor, mainly from the better rear end and transmission gear set and the fact that 6-8 years of engineering the dohc Ford had the heads/intake and everything finally sorted out..another plus is they have the new knock sensors that makes them easier to tune, as far as internals, I think they are pretty much the same as the older Cobras...this car was kinda an afterthought as they wanted something between GT and Cobra trim levels

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering what they can handle? Thanks for the feedback,

Ahren

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also it being 6 years old, it only has 30k on it and seems to have been very well maintained.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the link. That was what I have been looking for. Have a great day,

Ahren

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.