Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Mustang Mach 1 but everything is stock right now, and my buddy has an 05 SRT-4 with a few bolt-ons, but most of his car is stock. Who would win in a 1/4 mile? and at like a 20 roll?

·
Registered
31 Posts
those mach 1s are quick dude, dont be suprised if you really walk him, with the mustangs torque behind you, ur going to most likely take him from a dig, and from a roll, well if you got some nice tires, you should walk him both ways.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
From a dig, i think you'll have him but i don't care for the srt4's but there are some out there that are fast. What all bolt on's does he have?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what im hopin for but ive heard that those srt's are pretty quick too. although i dont think those little cars are any match for a mustangs torque.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
yea, i dont think that SRT4 will hang around long. he might have the HP with the turbo, but like cali said torque is a problem with them.

·
Registered
704 Posts
with a decent driver srt-4s run low 14s stock, and a srt-4 with bolt ons run mid to high 13s.... but they can easly made to run 12s by adjusting the boost on them....

you know how fast your car is better then me, so you judge

o and race him from a digg, bc of traction issues with the fwd... and the turbo bogging off the line...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know i can take him from a dig for at least a hundered feet. but then i am worried he might be able to catch up with his turbo. i guess it depends on how much of a jump i get on him at the beggining.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
you really shouldnt have a problem with a mach 1

·
Registered
704 Posts
do you know what your car runs stock? or have you ran it?

also ask him how much boost he is running...i believe it comes stock with around 14 or 15lbs.... a lot of people bump it up to 20lbs... if he did i would watch out....but if not...u will prob take him

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hes running like 18 psi right now and he has a lot of bolt ons. but i just drove with him yesterday and his car is getting a lot of wheel hop when he first takes off. so i think i can take him from a dig.

·
Registered
704 Posts
hmmm... im guessing he is running low 13s....like you said...i wouldnt even think about racing him from a roll, unless its like 10mph....

but good luck! take it to the track and see what happens!

·
Registered
406 Posts
mach 1's were also underated too. they make around 325 crank horsepower and 340 ib-ft of torque. its about 280 at they wheels. yeah dude youll blow him. unless your racing like 3 miles than he'll eventually catch up IF he has more HP. but your torque def wins the race. and u probbaly have a better gear ratio to get you through your power band

·
Registered
13 Posts
my best friend has a 04 srt neon, with a 3 inch exhaust and a stage2 wastegate only... he spikes 22-23psi and hold 18-19 and my 03 gt only holds him for 300 feet or so from a dig, thats with my 4.30s and from anything around a 40 roll he will walk smooth away..... they are quick, and i wouldnt under estimate them. . . . . :nono:

·
Registered
406 Posts
theres a big differance betwenn a GT with 4.30s and mach1 with stock 3.55s . itll def be a good race though

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i dont doubt it. im thinking about putting a 4.10 on my mach 1 as well. this should probably help me a lot a little.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There is only one way to find out if you will win or loose.

Don't underestimate boost :nono:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i owned a 04 srt4 for about a year. got rid of it cause of damn wheel hop and traction- fwd FTL!!!

but dont underestimate his little skittle. if hes boosting 18 lbs and has full bolt ons he can be running high 12's to low 13's. you should be able to take him from a dig but watch your mirror- he'll be coming up on you fast. from a high roll he may get you. i raced the guy i sold my srt4 to(a friend of mine) with my new stang (few bolt-ons/tune). he had added a few bolt-ons as well. from a dig i got him by about 3-4 cars. from a 40 mph roll i only got him by 1-2 car lenghts.

it should definately be a good/close race. :shiny:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.