Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
The engine tells it all thats not a Roush it is a Gt. It is very nice though, and for sale by a dealer. I would think about buying it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ran the VIN. Came back as a Gt.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Of course it's going to come back as a GT, Roush is not an automobile manufacturer, they don't get their own VIN #'s!

That looks like an authentic Roush Stage 2 Mustang. It has a Roush Industries sticker with their serial number, so it wouldn't be too difficult to contact them with that information and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Look to be as stated, Roush Custom. Roush has a data base where all you need is the last six numbers to check to see if it's a valid Roush. See if I can find how many were made, very few I bet.
Dave

Below are the search results found for the VIN number "431998":

Model Mustang
Stage Custom
Engine GT
ROUSH® Serial # NR
Color Yellow
Build Date 6/23/2003
Build Site B-50
VIN # 3F431998
Dealer Mike Bass Ford

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Well, I dug deeper, what's a retired guy to do. I had never heard of a Jack Roush Custom, only the Stages and Roadsters. Seem like there were only 46 of them made in 2003, not sure of the exact package but think a modified Stage 3. For those few miles and price, I'd sure grab it. Production numbers, the JRC is way at the bottom, about five lines up.
Dave

2003 Roush Mustang Production Numbers

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i dont like how the roush sticker looks like its been pealed off.. but some one really went the extra mile if this isnt a roush

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's definitely not a Stage 3 package, because they were supercharged, and this one clearly isn't. Usually the Stage 3 package also included side exit exhaust, and this one exits at the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.