Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i sounded kind of desperate on the tittle but i really am. I own a 03 v6 stang and everything was working fine until by mistake i ran into a big pudle of water kind of fast as i was expecting the car turned off but the wierd part is that after that, everytime i tried to crank it up it would do as my batterry where dead so i went to test my battery and it was bad then after buying a brand new one it is still doing the same like if it had an electric shot... now i know that is not the battery but i kept trying and smoke started to come out by tha starter side of the engine, so i really dont know what it could be im thinking about an electric shot on the starter cuz it got wet but im not really sure so if anyone had been through this that can help i will apreciate it.
:headscratch:
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,191 Posts
Pull the starter off and have it tested. You could have also damaged your alternator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
well my friend same thing happend to me (got into a big pudle of water) and I end overhauling the complete engine, because i have a custom cold air filter relocation kit and my filter is sooooo low behine the bumper that the engine gets water inside, when that happend the pistons compresed water insted of gas/ air mix, breaking pistons, bending rods and even making big holes on the block.

i am not sure if that is your case because I did not understand if the engine stop while you got into the water pudle, if you are sure engine did not suck water inside, then it may be just some electrical issue that i have not been trhough, but if the engine stop when you got into the pudle the engine may got water inside if that is your case stop trying to start it, remove the spark plugs and air filter and turn the key to start trying to start the engine, it may get all the water out, after that clean your spark plug and reinstall it along with the filter and get your car to a service place to measure the piston compression, if the conpression is under the limits you just broke something inside (pistons, rods , etc)

hope this help...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THATS WHAT I WAST THINKING ON DONG BUT LIKE DO HAVE ANY INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO REMOVED, also i was thinking in letting it dry and tomorrow try it againg so what do u think the funny part is the smoke that came out when i left the ignition on start
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,191 Posts
Smoke or steam? what color was it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks im thinking more of an electric shot cuz of the smoke coming out of the starter side now my question is could the water cause the starter to get an electric shot that bad that smoke would come out of it?? by the way it smelled like burnt cables
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was like white type of color but this was like 3 hours after the car turned of
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
THATS WHAT I WAST THINKING ON DONG BUT LIKE DO HAVE ANY INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO REMOVED, also i was thinking in letting it dry and tomorrow try it againg so what do u think the funny part is the smoke that came out when i left the ignition on start
Maybe water inside the starter help damaging it, or you keep crancking it for too long and burn it, Haynes manual says "Never operates the starter motor for more than 15 seconds at a time without pausing to let it cool for at least two minutes. excessive cranking can cause overheating which can seriosly damage the starter".

if you was cranking the engine trying to start it and you feel the strater trying to turn the engine but engine did not rotate, engine may be jam inside because something broke, so if you hept cranking it you may danmage the starter, but , if engine was rotating, engine is not jam and water could damage the starter or you overheated and burn it.

sorry i just gave you bad possibilities but the way to go is:
try againg by removing the spark plugs and air filter likeI told you, ask someone to turn the key to start while you see wath the engine does, if engine rotate the remaining water may get out from the spark plug holes you just open by removing it and do it like haynes said: trying for no more than 15 seconds at a time and pausing to let it cool for at least two minutes..... try this several times untill you see no water gatting out from the engine
then reinstall everything and try to strat the engine and get it to measure compprssion on the engine.
if in the process the starter does not respond, remove it and get it tested.

one recomendation:
get a HAynes or chilton repair manual for your car, some people said those manuals are crap, but if you does not know much that give you a start point and belive me thay help a lot, when sh!ts like this happens...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok but the problem is hat it doesnt even rotate everytime i turn the key to run th car dies like if it didnt have batery even thgh is a brand new one so it goe like clack (trying to simulte the sound) then everything goes off and thas all no ratation or anything by the ways thank you for your recommendations and for your time trying to help me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
today i bought a ew starter and battery and nothing the car still doing the same thig so if any of you guys knows enything please help me
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top