1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bbk cold air intake- 180$

K&N Mustang FIPK Air Intake Kit-260$

Mustang V6 Cold Air Intake Kit-70$

im thinking the cheaper one or the bbk cause it looks cooler lol, but if anyone has any experience with either one of these intakes i would like some feedback please, also what else could i add to make my car faster, i have a 03 v6 mustang stock.

R

·
0 Posts
Get the $70 one. They all do the same thing, it is mainly just the name you are paying extra for. It doesn't look half bad either.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, any more opinions from people that have either? and what are some other relatively cheap mods that i can get for my car to improve hp, speed, etc.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
i have the bbk intake.. theres truely not much difference between a nameless and the bbk just the bbk is really shiny.. one thing to look out for is the extra hole.. if its not filled at the end of ur installation.. then it needs to be either make a plug somehow or use the sensor if your car has it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was looking at a installation video and i saw the part about exchaning the chip from the old one to the new, anyone order stuff from americanmuscle.com? are they reliable?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
ive only ever heard great reviews about them theyre great with customer service.. alot of people here swear by them.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
yeah i was looking at a installation video and i saw the part about exchaning the chip from the old one to the new, anyone order stuff from americanmuscle.com? are they reliable?
The BBK and AM are exactly the same; the price difference is in the name. I would recommend either one! :bigthumbsup For installation, you will need to separate your MAF sensor from your stock airbox and attach it to your new CAI. I found that the little hole connected to a rubber hose that was running across the front of my engine (can't remember exactly what it's called...)

Don't get the K&N FIPK: it's not a true CAI (since it doesn't go into the fenderwell area). :nono:

·
Registered
24 Posts
well, its not a cold air intake, but its still and intake system. instlation is very easy. and dont get the bbk one, way overpriced, and just to have a name on it is retarted for that much money. stick with the AM or even a ebay one will still be the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.