Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 2003 V6 3.8L Mustang And I Was Just Wondering If Anybody Has Any Suggestions On Performance Parts That Would Be Great For This Type Of Mustang, Such As Exaust Pipes, Headers, Intakes, And So On...? I Don't Want A Whole Lot Of Performance To Go Drag Racing Or Anything, I Just Want To Gain Horsepower/Acceleration, Enough To Show Off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i remember when i had my 3.8.......ran like a 4.6, i had throttle body, bbk headers, stright pipe 2.5 with 4in tips.....people kept askin was it a gt :gringreen i raced a few gt an i wont i had a 5 speed of course:rockwoot:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha Really That's Freaking Awesome....That's What I'm Looking For. And Do You Happen To Know The Kind Of Throttle Body/Pipe Brands You Had...And Did You Have The Stock Y-Pipe Or H/X-Pipes With Your Straight Pipes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
the throttle body really didn't matter about the sound really....but if u go any after market throttle body, cold air intake(k&n)band bbk shorty headers straight pipe to the back with original duel flow masters, no y pipe or x or mid pipe straight pipe from header to back to the flow masters

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did You Gain A Good Amount Of Horsepower With The Throttle Body Though? Are There Any Websites That You Recommend For Purchasing The Headers And Flowmasters?

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Did You Gain A Good Amount Of Horsepower With The Throttle Body Though? Are There Any Websites That You Recommend For Purchasing The Headers And Flowmasters?
Welcome to AFM. There are only a few reputable companies out there doing V6 work. They are SuperSix Motorsports, Morana V6 Racing, and GSS Motorsports.......

And please don't go out and purchase a throttle body. They are nothing more than a paperweight on your car......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha Ok. And Do You Recommend The Straight Pipe Flowmasters The The Other Guy Suggested, Or H/X-Pipes For My V6...I'm Trying To Gain Enough Horsepower/Performance To Show Off But Not To Go Out And Drag Race...Do You Have Any Suggestions On Parts For Me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to AFM. There are only a few reputable companies out there doing V6 work. They are SuperSix Motorsports, Morana V6 Racing, and GSS Motorsports.......

And please don't go out and purchase a throttle body. They are nothing more than a paperweight on your car......
Ha Ok. And Do You Recommend The Straight Pipe Flowmasters The The Other Guy Suggested, Or H/X-Pipes For My V6...I'm Trying To Gain Enough Horsepower/Performance To Show Off But Not To Go Out And Drag Race...Do You Have Any Suggestions On Parts For Me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts