Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home and the Service Engine Soon light came on.

When I got home I plugged in my handheld and it read P1000 (I know what that's for) And P1074.

I'm completely confused. What does that code mean?

I have a 93 octane Race tune from SCT btw if that matters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
First thing is to rule out a vacuum leak. Check all hoses, lines, fittings, seals, gaskets, oil dip stick, oil cap. Anyplace unmetered air can enter.

When was the last time the PCV valve was replaced?

Are there any exhaust leaks?

Now go double check the DTC code.

The P1000 is a readiness tests are not complete. Likely there is some subsystem that has not completed it's cycle. The ODB2 reader should tell you which system it is. Note, there are some DTC codes that will automatically set P1000.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P1074 is not a valid Ford OBDII code as far as I know. Are you sure that is what it is not P0174 or P1174 etc.
Oops, I meant P0174, sorry about that.

First thing is to rule out a vacuum leak. Check all hoses, lines, fittings, seals, gaskets, oil dip stick, oil cap. Anyplace unmetered air can enter.

When was the last time the PCV valve was replaced?

Are there any exhaust leaks?
How would I check for vacuum leaks? Like which way is the best?
Same with Exhaust leaks, how do I check?

And I bought some electronics cleaner to clean my MAF sensor incase it's making the car run Lean.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys, I took the MAF sensor out and carefully cleaned it with Electronics Cleaner and unhooked the battery while doing that. The code went away for now but I'll let you guys know if it comes back.

Thanks again

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P0174 is a lean condition.
That's what I figured cause somebody mentioned that. I cleaned the MAF sensor just to see if that was it and it seems 2 have worked for now.

The thing is though, the SES light came on when I gunned it and was in the 5k rpm range.

I've heard that sometimes these 93 octane race tunes can sometimes make the car run lean in the high rpm's sometimes. Is that true?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
it either will or it wont its not a sometimes thing

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're talking about the tune that's what I meant I didn't mean like 1 day it will and 1 day it won't lol

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
That's what I figured cause somebody mentioned that. I cleaned the MAF sensor just to see if that was it and it seems 2 have worked for now.

The thing is though, the SES light came on when I gunned it and was in the 5k rpm range.

I've heard that sometimes these 93 octane race tunes can sometimes make the car run lean in the high rpm's sometimes. Is that true?
You will never know unless it is put on a dyno. Canned tunes are not the best answer......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts